The South Australian Premier Mike Rann, the (then) Minister for Education Jane Lomax-Smith and Minister for Environment and Conservation Jay Weatherill visited Custom Coaches Adelaide, in March this year.
The visit was to observe first hand the manufacturing process, training and employment opportunities made available through the award of tender to supply buses for Transport South Australia.
The tender enables not only continuing opportunities for Custom Coaches South Australia but adds back into the South Australian and Australian supply chain encouraging and expanding local manufacturing.
The current awarded tender entails:
- Delivery of the first Scania/CC Euro 5EEV Articulated buses for the SA Government contract has commenced.
- Delivery approximately 160 buses over a 4 year period.
- These buses are the first fully multiplex buses to be delivered to the SA Government.
- These buses are the first articulated buses delivered with the HISPACOLD air-conditioning.
- These buses will be used on the Adelaide O-Bahn system.
The CB80 represents a very exciting time for Custom Coaches and the Australian bus industry.