SB50 school bus
A truly world-class vehicle, Custom’s new SB50 school and charter bus has been designed for demanding Australian conditions, with local operators benefiting from a 25 year design life.
As part of Custom’s ‘new generation’ line-up, the SB50 school bus uses cutting edge technology and the latest automotive materials to produce a lighter, stronger, better quality, yet better value vehicle for local operators.
Over an extensive development phase, Custom engineers have focused firmly on current and future operating demands, to design a vehicle to meet the specific needs of Australian school bus operators.
The SB50 school bus has been designed with capacity, servicing, driving and passenger comfort in mind – wrapped up in a attractive package that operators would be proud to put their name on.
Features of the new SB50 school buses include:
Designed for capacity
- 57 or 61 Custom Metro bus seats
- 59, 60 or 61 Custom Safe bus seat belted seats
- or with the bus seats of your choice
Designed for servicing
- Larger rear engine door with removable rear bumper
- Large side engine doors with high opening angles
- Removable front bumper
- Access hatches in front scuttle to access wipers and heater demister
- Large access hatch for front destination sign
- Hinged air conditioning ducting for access to air-conditioning and wiring
Designed for driving
- Small A-pillar and door frame for maximum visibility and safety
- Personal air conditioning boost fan for additional driver comfort
- Two extra large driver’s lockers
- Personal reading light as standard
- Wraparound driver’s display provides a place for everything, and everything in its place
- Well spaced and ergonomically positioned driver controls
Designed for passengers
- Ultra wide entry & exit door
- Two step entry is the widest in its class
- Step heights are kept to an absolute minimum for improved loading and safety
The end result is the SB50 school bus, a new generation in bus design, which is safer and more economical to operate, delivering ongoing benefits to operators and bus companies.